Drought Watch Declared by DEP
September 09, 2022
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) has declared a drought watch in 36 Pennsylvania counties including Bucks County. As a result of the drought watch declaration, Dublin Borough is asking all residents and businesses to voluntarily reduce their water usage by 5% – 10%. Below is a list of ways to conserve water at home:
- Run water only when necessary. Don’t let the faucet run while brushing your teeth or shaving. Shorten the time you let the water run to warm up before showering.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine less often, and only with full loads.
- When mowing your lawn, set the blades to 2-3 inches high. Longer grass shades the soil, improving moisture retention. It also grows thicker and develops a deeper root system, so it can better survive drought.
- Check for and repair household leaks. For example, a leaking toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water daily.
- Sweep your sidewalk, deck, or driveway instead of hosing it off.
- Install low-flow plumbing fixtures and aerators on faucets.
- Set up a rain barrel to be ready to repurpose rain when it does fall.
Thank you for your understanding and anticipated cooperation during this period